Weather…

Hi there – I’m away this week, but thought I would share an email I have received from BT – the short version is the weather has pushed us back a couple of weeks until the middle of March. I’ll keep you posted with any further updates as I get them.

“After our call last week I found out that our contractors were having issues at the Knutsford end of the spine affecting about 250m. We have had to put in additional permits with Cheshire Highways and have to re-align our traffic management resource to accommodate this.   

The weather has also had an impact on cabling and the remaining civils this week. As engineers have been stood down. I have spoken to Cheshire East Highways to get support regarding permits and last minute changes, they are supporting us and we will be working out of hours next week under traffic management permits.

Unfortunately this has caused a unexpected delay in the planned delivery date we discussed last week which I apologise for.

The plan now is to compete the cabling next week starting 5th March and completing 10th – 11th March then blowing the fibre from the 12th March this will take 3 -4 days.  

David, I appreciate how disappointing and frustrating this will be to you and the residents, but please be assured I am working closely with our contractors and their management team to keep driving this forward and complete the structure as soon as possible.”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s